It’s that time of the year, when everyone is heading to the water to get a break from the summer heat of Arizona. Do you take your pooch with you?
Here are some fun things you can do in and around the water with your dog this summer!
- Wading in the river – playing a good game of fetch
- Turning the sprinklers or hose on in your back yard
Some things to remember about safety around water:
- Make sure your dog can swim before venturing out into unknown waters.
- Put a life jacket on your dog. You never know when an accident is going to happen, even to a strong swimmer.
- Never let your dog play in stagnant water, make sure the water is fresh before going in.
Don’t know where to go to get out and have some fun? Here’s a few places to try:
- Bartlett Lake
- Saguaro Lake
- Verde River area near Rio Verde
- Buckskin Mountain State Park
- White Tank Waterfall Trail
- Cattail Cove State Park in Lake Havasu City
- Fain Park in Prescott Valley
- There’s a dog park in Sedona too!