Service Dog Program
AZ Dog Sports (AZDS) is excited to offer affordable training for service dogs in the valley. Our program is geared at handlers who wish to train service dogs for themselves. We offer both group-class options or private in-home training sessions, with professional CCPDT-KA certified trainers. We use science-based training under APDT guidelines.
Your dog can be trained for mobility, psychiatric assistance, PTSD, diabetic alert, therapeutic facility dogs and more.
Many nonprofit Service Dog programs have long waiting lists, admit limited numbers of applicants, long application processes and/or very large price tags. Most rely on the individual to be able to spend a significant amount of time away from their own home to be trained or attend weeks of handler training with the organization. Our program is timely, affordable, and builds on the existing bond between you and your dog. We screen the puppy or dog selection with a professional evaluator before you enroll to ensure the dog is a suitable candidate for our program.
We provide handlers, day training, board and train, private in home and small group classes. We fit the training to the needs of the client.
SERVICE DOG TRAINING PHASE 1
Our Service Dog Training Phase 1 is for handlers who are starting with a puppy or young dog (younger than 9 months). This part of the program will take 3 - 4 months, depending on your needs. $1,295 and includes the basic equipment you will need. Each team will be provided with a high-quality handmade leather 8-way lead, a treat pouch, treats, a clicker, and a place mat for beginning training with initial sign up (one time).
- This phase of beginner classes can take anywhere from 3 - 4 months, while the dog learns and matures.
- 3 consecutive months, Silver membership (10 classes maximum each month).
- Handler and dog may be required to repeat some courses before advancing to the second level.
Beginner classes include:
- Puppy Obedience
- Polite K9
- Obedience 1 and 2
- Canine Good Citizen (CGC)
- Beginning Public Access
- Therapy Dog
SERVICE DOG TRAINING PHASE 2
This level of study is customized to each client’s needs and can last anywhere from 2 to 6 months. Length of training depends on the requirements of the individual guardian, the dog’s level of maturity, and ability to work on the desired tasks.
- $1500 includes up to 16 group classes and 8 private lessons (in home or doing public access including hospitals, airport, restaurants, movies, Dr appointments, all manner of daily living) - all completed within a 6 month period.
- Public Access and Continuing Advanced Service Skills
Intermediate classes include:
- Helpful Canine
- Clicker Training
- Impulse Control
- Intermediate and Advanced Public Access
- Therapy Dog
- In-home specific skills for mobility, Diabetic Alert, PTSD, and Anxiety Disorders
Please contact Layne Kizler for more details 602-237-6775
We recommend you read the below info-graphic before you begin this journey with us: