Saturdays 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Pre-Requisite: Your dog must have good basic obedience skill, especially walking nicely on leash and stay.
Working on an advanced level of Obedience Training: a dog must master the basic obedience skills:
- “Sit, Stay, Come, Down, Heel” and a dropped leash recall in a store in response to verbal commands and/or hand signals. Taking you and your dog to local, small, pet friendly locations to begin to practice the skills below
- Manners: a dog must acquire proper social behavior skills. It includes at a minimum:
- No aggressive behavior toward people or other animals – no biting, snapping, snarling, growling or lunging and barking at them when working off your property.
- No sniffing merchandise or people or intruding into another dog’s space while on duty.
- Socialize to tolerate strange sights, sounds, odors etc. in a wide variety of public settings.
- Ignores food on the floor or dropped in the dog’s vicinity while working outside the home.
- Works calmly on leash. No unruly behavior or unnecessary vocalizations in public settings.
- No urinating or defecating in public unless given a specific command or signal to toilet in an appropriate place.